Our Nursery rooms
- A nurturing and caring environment for the youngest of children with a maximum of twelve caterpillars per room to ensure the best individual care and education.
- Music, PE and Learning Outside the Classroom (LOC) lessons taught by our specialist subject teachers.
- Children are working on their communication and language development, Physical development and Personal, Social and Emotional development.
- Many caterpillars begin to show an interest in toilet training and our staff will support parents in continuing strategies implemented at home.
- We use mainly child-led and adult-led activities based upon a child’s interests and next steps of development, using the United learning curriculum.
- Our children start doing phonic activities using Letters and Sounds.
- Children develop listening and attention skills and number recognition along with taking part in specialist Modern Foreign Languages in addition to Music, PE and LOC lessons.
- Children begin to extend their learning further in Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the world and Expressive Arts and Design.
- Bumblebees are confident and independent learners. Their skills are being developed ready for the next stage of their learning.
- There is a range of child-led and adult-led activities based upon a child’s interests and next steps of development, using the United learning curriculum.
- We introduce daily Mathematics and phonics lessons which are structured to develop a child’s further understanding of letter sounds and how to segment and blend them into words.
- Children improve their concentration skills, which involves mindfulness and small group work, and learning through activities of their choosing.
- They continue to enjoy specialist Modern Foreign Language, PE, LOC and Music lessons as part of our curriculum.
- In the Summer term, to help prepare for Reception class, our butterflies do a number of transition days where they explore the reception class and be with their new teacher.