Art & Design Scholarships
Our Art & Design scholars either demonstrate skill and ability in a range of artistic areas or a creative ability within design. Candidates will need to submit a portfolio of work, produced at home or school by early January the year before entry. Candidates will be selected for interview on the quality of their portfolio.
In the portfolio, we are looking for:
- A range of work showing a variety of skills.
- An ability to use a range of media and techniques in 2D, 3D and digital media.
- Examples of observational drawing, sketching and photography.
- Breadth and depth of approach and an understanding of contextual studies in Art, Craft & Design Technology, including an ability to make an informed connection between the candidate’s own work and that of artists, designers and crafts people.
- Sketchbooks, scrapbooks and journals which show genuine commitment, idea exploration and thought process.
- For designers, evidence of an understanding of design and production methods.
All artwork should be mounted and every portfolio must be clearly labelled with the pupil’s name.