As the Autumn term draws to a close, the Sport Department would like to say a huge well done to all the pupils for their hard work and efforts in Games, squad sessions and fixtures. We have had such a successful term with some great achievements and that is down to their hard work and teamwork. Thank you to all our parents and families for their continued support both on the sidelines and behind the scenes with transport and kit preparations. Next term, girls will play netball and boys will play hockey. Here is a Sports update from the last fortnight.
- Our Year 10 girls finished their excellent season against Ballard. Sadly not the result we wanted to finish with but an outstanding performance anyway.
- The final match of the year and another great 4-3 win for our U12s against Durlston Court. The team showed great determination and excellent teamwork.
- Well done to both U14s and U15s/mixed hockey teams, ending the term with two draws against Warminster School. Both squads played amazingly.
- We had an awesome afternoon of hockey for the U8s and U9s against Stroud. Despite the cold, Embley came away with three wins, two losses and one draw! A fantastic result.
- The Year 9 season drew to a close with a sparkling performance against Bournemouth Collegiate School. Well done to all boys who represented Embley, and for the progression you have made as a team this term.
- Our U13s rounded their season off with a dominant display at Lord Wandsworth. Our 7A team finished their season with a strong 7-1 win and our 7B team put on a good performance, with the opposition eventually winning 4-2. Well done!
- Our U11s were a late entry to the regional IAPS tournament at Stroud school. There were a few strong sides at the tournament but the boys competed with all of them! They have had a strong season and show great promise before moving to the Senior School.
- Some real grit and determination against Durlston for our U10/11s. Not our afternoon in terms of result, but some real positives nonetheless. The boys can be really proud of how they stuck to their task against good opposition!
- A great performance from the Year 3 boys at their final rugby fixture of the year. The boys have ended the term undefeated!
- Well done to Matthew, Oliver, Gus and James who took part in a Year 7 tennis tournament at Sherfield School. Despite some strong competition in the form of International Tennis Federation standard players, the boys did a great job and finished joint 3rd out of 8 teams!
Keep up to date with our Sports Department on Instagram.