Preparing for University
We work tirelessly to ensure our students receive offers from their first choice of university. As part of a small tutor group, every student receives tailored advice and support as part of their application process.
- Investigate prospective university courses and destinations with the support and guidance of your tutor and learn more about the range of universities and course choices available in the UK and around the world.
- The Oxbridge Programme begins for all Year 12s
- Speak directly to admissions tutors at Exeter University and learn first hand what a variety of the courses entail.
- Understand how to apply to universities through UCAS.
- By now you will have provisional ideas about the subjects that you would like to read at university and your tutor, along with our Director of Sixth Form, will help you navigate the process.
- Visit universities including Oxbridge.
- Participate in our Personal Statement workshop which offers valuable guidance on how to showcase your skills, aspirations and experiences when applying for a course and preparing for potential interviews.
- Attend a local UCAS exhibition.
- Strengthen your university application and CV by participating in our work experience programme.
- Submit your university applications following final discussions and guidance from your tutor (students applying for Oxbridge, medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine must submit their applications before mid-October). Our teachers and tutors will prepare references to support applications.
- Begin to hear back from universities with invitations to interviews.
- Practise university interview techniques with experienced professionals according to your chosen course.
- Continue to attend interviews for university courses.
- Make ‘firm’ and ‘insurance’ choices for your chosen courses, with guidance and support from your tutor.
- Attend our higher education talks on subjects such as student finance to help prepare you for university life.
- Collect your A Level results. Wherever possible, we work to ensure all our students achieve their first choice of university.
- Receive continuing support from our teaching staff and Director of Sixth Form if you decide to defer your place or apply to university post-A Levels.